Hey, we’re Article. We’re a digital-first furniture brand that’s engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don’t have brick and mortar stores, so we’re able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Because of this, we’re growing like crazy and we need a few more hands on deck.
We’re looking for a Graphic Designer to join the Particle team! This position will work on multiple projects for the Creative team, with a focus on producing ads and web content for our acquisition and online branding efforts. Organizational skills, the ability to juggle priorities, and to quickly switch between projects is a must. If you are interested, please apply with your resume, plus a sample of work or a link to your portfolio.
Wondering what a day in the life of a Graphic Designer at Article looks like? Your responsibilities will include:
- Producing digital assets for a variety of web and brand initiatives, including email newsletters, website graphics, and campaign materials.
- Adhering to established brand guidelines.
- Assisting in the creation of a variety of digital assets for Marketing/Advertising efforts.
- Offering and receiving feedback to help drive innovation and strong work across the design team.
- Producing production-ready files for the Creative and Marketing initiatives.
- Assisting with other Creative team projects as required.
- A graphic design degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three years experience as a graphic or UI designer, preferably for an e-commerce lifestyle brand.
- Strong understanding of Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud programs (e.g.: Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Upholding design standards and best-practices across customer-facing and internal platforms,
- Familiarity with MailChimp and email marketing best practices.
- Excellent graphic design and typography skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, and a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to create and communicate concepts, and to collaborate in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Willingness to receive feedback.
- Eagerness to learn and adapt to new technologies and platforms.
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently.
- Awareness and interest in the design community, local and global.
- Interest in home decor, interiors, or industrial design is an asset.
- Illustration skills are an asset.
- Previous experience with Wrike is an asset.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- The tools you need to get your job done well! We supply state-of-the-art laptops and monitors, keyboards, laser printing, wireless mouses, and the software you need to succeed.
- A great office. The Article space is housed in a converted warehouse with in-house photo studios, an airy open layout, complimentary snacks, and a killer sushi joint just up the street.
- Access to a benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- Discounts on our products, plus free upgraded delivery so you can style your home how you like it.
- Regular extra-curricular activities, such as socials, open-mics, picnics... even cross-country skiing! We’re open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.